ant-user mailing list archives

From "Elischer, Matt (M.)" <>
Subject Ant1.6 - FTP task with MS FTP
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:01:31 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to retrieve a file from a MS FTP server with Ant1.6.0.  I'm using JDK1.3.1 and
commons-net-1.1.0.jar.  My target is as follows:

	<target name="retrieve_content" description="retrieves content from FTP box">
		<ftp action="get" server="${ftp_server}" userid="${ftp_username}" password="${ftp_password}"
		    	<fileset dir="${}">
	      			<include name=""/>

The "ls -l" format is:
02-05-04  04:18PM              5330144
01-12-04  10:10AM              5326962
02-03-04  03:39PM             41314968

Trying both a "get" and a "list" produces the following (verbose) output (ie. 0 files listed):
      [ftp] Opening FTP connection to
      [ftp] connected
      [ftp] logging in to FTP server
      [ftp] login succeeded
      [ftp] changing the remote directory
      [ftp] listing files
      [ftp] 0 files listed
      [ftp] disconnecting

It seems that the problem is something to do with the parsing of the file listings, as I've
confirmed I am connecting properly, and navigating to the correct remote dir.  I've also confirmed
that the target works on a Unix FTP server.  I read one posting suggesting that there is a
flag that can be set for MS FTP servers?  Any ideas on how I can get this task to with MS
FTP would be greatly appreciated.