ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Any examples of how we can simplify ant build.xml with templa tes (?)
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:10:58 GMT
On Feb 4, 2004, at 6:35 AM, wrote:
>> Another interesting trick is to define "abstract" targets in
>> the super
>> build which require implementation in the sub build.  So rather than
>> overriding targets, I think I prefer to define pre abstract targets.
>> 	Erik
> So as example
>    <target name="compile" description="Example of abstract target">
>        <fail>Target 'compile' not implemented</fail>
>    </target>

That's not exactly what I meant.  I meant the super build would have

   <target name="compile" depends="pre-compile">

but pre-compile is not defined in super.  Then sub builds would be
required to implement the pre-compile target.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message