ant-user mailing list archives

From "Morten S. Mortensen" <morten.morten...@tietoenator.com>
Subject <filelist> and names with spaces
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:49:48 GMT

Hi,

Trying out -

  <path
    id="sub-project.path"

    <filelist
      dir="${project.dir}"
      files=
        "
         XXX Core Library/System/Java/build.xml,
         YYY Prime/System/Java/build.xml
        "
    />
  </path>

- I notice, that the "files" attributes *apparently* is not tokenized after a delimiter ',',
because the first file-name becomes "XXX", not "XXX Core Library/System/Java/build.xml".

An alternative to writing a <path> is -

  <path
    id="sub-project.path"

    <pathelement location="XXX Core Library/System/Java/build.xml"/>
    <pathelement location="YYY Prime/System/Java/build.xml"/>

  </path>

- and this works well for the specific example, but then I in general loose the control of
the sequence of names, because they are sorted - with <filelist>, I have this control!

This is less than optimal. In general, lists manifestated in the form of comma-separated sucks!

The in-ability of <filelist>'s handling of file-names with internal spaces is a glitch,
right?

Regards,
Morten Sabroe Mortensen