ant-user mailing list archives

From priya pallavi <pry_pall...@yahoo.com>
Subject Steps in Building J2EE Project using ANT
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:24:29 GMT
Hi ,

Iam new to Building J2EE Project using ANT(build.xml).I just want to know what are the steps
required for buildding a J2EE project using ANT and create .ear file.Iam using WSAD 5.1.1
for my development.

Here iam listing the steps i have followed , please correct me if iam wrong at any step

1.Get the EJB Module from CVS
2.Compile the EJB Module
3.Create a .JAR
4.Get the Web Module from CVS
5.Compile the Web Module
6.Create a .WAR
7.Create EAR by adding .JAR and .WAR

Iam sure iam making mistake some where in above steps like

1.Iam not Getting Application level module(for example BmsEAR in my Project)
2.Iam not using Application.xml that is under BmsEAR
3.Iam not building BmsEAR

I'll be thankful if some one can guide me for Building J2EE Project using ANT..

Priya