ant-user mailing list archives

From priya pallavi <pry_pall...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: .cvspass example
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:47:34 GMT
I have created .cvspass by using this task

  <cvspass cvsroot=":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic"
       password="anoncvs"
  />
and when iam trying to access that file , still it is saying that authentication is req

Doug Lochart <dlochart@capecomputing.com> wrote:
The best way to do it is to simply log into CVS from the command line. You
will need to do this for each repository. Your .cvspass will be created in
your home directory with entries for each repository. You will most likely
have to specify a CVSROOT on the command line when you log in.

ex

cvs -d :pserver:myusername@89HJHF.mkm.can.gtech.com:/cvs -login

You will be prompted for a username and password. Once authenticated your
cvspass file will be created. In the above
example I just put /cvs as I do not know how your repositories are
structured. You will have to replace this with the repository
you want to log into

hope this helps

Once you have your cvspass you can use cvs from ant. There is also a
cvspass task in ant that will do the same thing

Doug

Now I've gained some understanding
Of the only world that we see.
Things that I once dreamed of