ant-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Ivanov <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Excluding path from another path
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:30:05 GMT
Dear colleagues,

I have been using ant for 3 years and the fact that
this is my first post in the mailing is the proof of
ant documentation qualities and ant itself.

My question is the following. I am currently
experimenting with Cactus testing framework. Cactus
requires several jars to reside in my classpath. I am
trying to divide my jars in two groups: the ones
required for testing and ones required by out projects
and I defined two paths:

    <path id="test.classpath">
        <fileset dir="${arcade.lib}"
defaultexcludes="yes">
            <include name="aspectjrt-1.0.6.jar"/>
            <include name="cactus-1.5-beta1.jar"/>
            <include name="cactus-ant-1.5-beta1.jar"/>
            <include
name="commons-httpclient-2.0-beta2.jar"/>
            <include
name="commons-logging-1.0.3.jar"/>
            <include name="httpunit-1.5.3.jar"/>
            <include name="junit-3.8.1.jar"/>
            <include name="nekohtml-0.7.4"/>
        </fileset>
    </path>

    <path id="compile.classpath">
        <fileset dir="${arcade.lib}"
defaultexcludes="yes">
            <include name="**/*.jar"/>
            <include name="**/*.zip"/>
            <exclude name="${arcade.jar.name}"/>
            <exclude name="${arcade.war.name}"/>
        </fileset>
    </path>

Is it possible to redifine in "compile.classpath" path
something like that (pseudo code):

        <fileset dir="${arcade.lib}"
defaultexcludes="yes">
            <include name="**/*.jar"/>
            <include name="**/*.zip"/>
            <exclude name="${arcade.jar.name}"/>
            <exclude name="${arcade.war.name}"/>
          <exclude name="test.classpath"/>
        </fileset>

Of course, I want to exclude test jars from our
releases so that I want to be able to exclude
test.classpath from my jar target and/or war target.
Up to know I wasn't so precise in path definition
since the jars that weren't need in the release were
one or two and I excluded them explicitly.

Kind regards Ivan Ivanov