ant-user mailing list archives

From priya pallavi <pry_pall...@yahoo.com>
Subject build.xml Examples
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:50:45 GMT
Hello Friends this is Priya again with a request,

Iam working on a J2EE application called BMS.I have 3 Modules In my application.

1.BmsEAR
2.BmsEJB
3.BmsWeb

I need to create

1..jar file with code from BmsEJB Module
2..war file with code from BmsWeb Module
3..ear file with .jar and .war

For this to happen iam following this strategy

1.Get the latest WEB related code from CVS and put in a directory For ex.WebCvs
2.Get the latest EJB related code from CVS and put in a directory For ex.EjbCvs
3.Compile the code under WebCvs and put it in other Dir ex.WebCvsCom
4.Compile the code under EbjCvs and put it in other Dir ex.EjbCvsCom
5.create a .war with files from WebCvsCom
6.create a .jar with files from EjbCvsCom
7.Create a .ear with .war and .jar created in above 2 steps(5 and 6) and put it in a dir for
deployment

Whats my problem is when iam trying to compile my web module , its saying it can't find resources
in EJBModule and vice verca..,

My Doubt is for example when my ant is trying to compile x.java and that x.java(in weblodule)
uses y.java(in EJB MOdule) , Is my x.java looking for y.java or y.class or EJBModule.jar

The Other problem i guess is iam using 4 directories under C:

Some one please send me sample build.xml files doing simillar functionality or which you feel
are helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Priya