ant-user mailing list archives

From priya pallavi <pry_pall...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: error=2/using WSAD 5.1.1
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:15:18 GMT

Thanks Guys iam able to solve that problem(error=2) by installing cvsnt from www.cvsnt.org
, but iam getting another problem as the server is not authenticating me as i have not provided
password in the following code

  <cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic"
       package="ant"
       dest="${ws.dir}"
  />

cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed:

retCode=1

Thanks again

Priya

Geoff Krapf <geoffk@softartisans.com> wrote:
If WSAD works like Eclipse, it has its own internal CVS Java libraries.

Ant does not use these internal WSAD libraries, it relies on an external
cvs executable. To use the CVS commands from Ant, you'll need to obtain
the CVS binaries. WinCVS or TortoiseCVS both provide this.

Hope that helps!
- Geoff

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:24, priya pallavi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If i can't continue without cvs.exe , how iam able to connect(using CVS perspective)
and able to get the stuff from the CVS??Iam simply confused.

> Thanks
>
> Priya
>

> Vijay Prasanna wrote:
> If u r working on windows, u can very well download WinCvs client 1.3 from wincvs.org,
more info from cvshome.org.
> without cvs.exe in ur m/c. u cannot proceed.

to CVS.Some one please help me.

> "Conelly, Luis (PS, GNF, Contractor)" wrote:put cvs executable in the path; then, ant
will be able to call it.

> From Ant Manual[1]:
>
> What do those error codes mean? Well, they are OS dependent. On Windows boxes you have
to look in include\error.h in your windows compiler or wine files; error code 2 means 'no
such program', which usually means it is not on the path. Any time you see such an error from
any ant task, it is usually not an ant bug, but some configuration problem on your machine

from http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/cvs.html

> package="ant"
> dest="${ws.dir}"
> />
>
> Iam getting error(error=2).In that example it says the we need to execute cvs.exe , iam
using the CVS that comes with WSAD 5.1.1.How to solve this problem.Any sort of help/suggestion
is much appreciated..