ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to redirect javac task errors to a separate file
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:52:07 GMT
--- Peter Reilly <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote:
> FYI
> ant outputs System.out at "INFO" level and
> System.err at "WARN" level.

...hence my comment below about temporarily changing
System.err to an ERROR level logstream (as opposed to
WARN).  Thanks Peter and Conor for explicitly stating
what I forgot to.

> Digambar, Shaligram (Consultant) wrote:
>
> >Had ANT logged system.err at different level than
> system.out it would have
> >been easier to redirect the error output to a
> separate file and generate
> >better build reports. If its tricky as you've
> mentioned, we need to find a
> >workaround. Has anyone already done this?

The "tricky" part is switching stuff and switching it
back, making sure you don't step on any toes along the
way--especially if you start getting into using
threaded concepts like <parallel> or ant-contrib's
<forget>.

Me:
> >their output; it wouldn't be logged at all if Ant
> >didn't override System.out and System.err to go to
> its
> >own log stream.  It might be possible to
> re-override
> >System.err to log at ERROR level for the duration
> of

-Matt