ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <matt_rai...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Javac re-compiles classes that haven't changed
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:13:34 GMT

I was afraid of that.  It's ugly enough as it is - if I add src/web as the
second path (instead of src/web/**/form), then when I compile the service
layer, I also compile the entire web layer.  I did some tests and it only takes
about 1 second longer with src/web (19 classes vs. 41).  I think I'll stick
with what I have and the uptodate task.  It's ugly, but it's a bit more refined
in the classes it compiles.  There's no way I can get "org/appfuse/" out of the
2nd path name is there?  I tried src/web/**/webapp/form, but that didn't work.

> p.s. While I'm quite proud of my <antcall> consolidation for
> compiling
> several various source trees which you have used here, if you are at
> Ant 1.6 you should switch this to <macrodef> style calls and you will
> likely see a speed increase of your builds.

I'll have to look into that.  I'm a bit reluctant to force users to upgrade,
but there's really no reason to stay on an older version of Ant is there?

Thanks,

Matt