ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject RE: Best Practices ANT
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:23:49 GMT

Ok, I'll sign on for that. I don't do any _real_ EJB work at this time, so I could have avoided
the issue, but it was so tempting to stick that foot in my mouth! :-)

>It's also fair enough (getting back to the original point of
>the thread) to have the WAR file build depend on the EJB build
>- particularly, for example, if the servlets or JSPs make
>calls to those EJBs. And building an EAR file depends on both
>those tasks. Obviously having the dependencies the other way
>round would not make sense.

Agreed. Dependencies upon base components is to be expected. But base components, should not
be dependent upon who/what actually uses them.

>Keith

Simon