ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chappell, Simon P" <Simon.Chapp...@landsend.com>
Subject RE: Best Practices ANT
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:09:24 GMT

True. But most modern IDEs and Source Code Management systems can assist greatly with this
aspect.

>Or do you think having seperate JARs for each EJB is
>unnecessary? Seems
>unnecessary to me, but then I probably have less experience
>than anyone
>here.

My rule of thumb (that got snipped from the quote of the original email) is that each independent
unit should be built separately. I imagine that there are going to be some EJBs that can be
considered logically grouped, and you could quite safely combine those into the same project
and therefore build them simultaneously. I recall that EJBs are supposed to be in individual
JAR files, so I think that combining them into a single JAR file would be classified as a
Bad Thing(tm).

>Adam
>--
>ant 1.6.0 + java 1.4.2 on Linux 2.4.20 Debian

Simon
(Ant 1.6.1 + Java 1.4.2_03 + Mac OS X 10.3.2 :-)