ant-user mailing list archives

From Lyndon Samson <sam...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Telnet task to MS Telnet server
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:35:32 GMT

Further to my previous post

I've started writting a logger to do regexp's on its messages.

I'm going to use properties for the patterns/substitution values,
however I'm getting a wierd exception.

        public void messageLogged(BuildEvent event) {
                this.out.println(event.getMessage());
                Project p = event.getProject();
                try {
                        String propVal = "<unset>";
                        propVal = p.getProperty("src");
                        this.out.println("PROP:"+propVal);
                } catch ( Exception e ) {
                        this.err.println("(ERR)"+e.getMessage());
                }
        }

Results in the following output

Buildfile: build.xml
Adding reference: ant.PropertyHelper
(ERR)Listener attempted to access System.out - infinite loop terminated
Detected Java version: 1.4 in: C:\java\jdk\j2sdk1.4.2_01\jre
PROP:null
Detected OS: Windows 2000
PROP:null

It seems the p.getProperty(... causes the exception. Why?

I realised this ML is for users, however I'm not subscribed to the DEV
ML and know plenty of ANT gurus read this list!!!

thx

lyndon