ant-user mailing list archives

From "Baz" <ba...@goodconsultants.com>
Subject Comment in my Ant build structure please? <import> and <subant>
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 05:39:59 GMT
All,

Would anyone please comment my ant build structure? I am trying to have
build.xml in different level of the tree so that it can be built from top
and also individual and also dependently. Here it goes:

/src/client
            /build.xml
/src/server
            /build.xml
            /common.xml
            /x86.properties
            /sparc.properties
            /src
                /java
                        /xServer/build.xml
                        /yServer/build.xml

Here are the list of items i need comments on:

1. There are three main build.xml. /src/server/build.xml calls different
targets of /src/server/src/java/xServer/build.xml and
/src/server/src/java/yServer/build.xml with <subant> and specific targets.

2.  xServer/build.xml and yServer/build.xml use <import
file="../../../common.xml"> to import file common.xml. common.xml contains
all functions like generic targets such as "compile" and "test". Developers
can declare their own "compile" target in xServer/build.xml if they want.

How is this structure?

Thanks

B.