ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Raible" <>
Subject RE: Javac re-compiles classes that haven't changed
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 06:04:32 GMT

I was afraid of that.  It's ugly enough as it is - if I add src/web as
the second path (instead of src/web/**/form), then when I compile the
service layer, I also compile the entire web layer.  I did some tests
and it only takes about 1 second longer with src/web (19 classes vs.
41).  I think I'll stick with what I have and the uptodate task.  It's
ugly, but it's a bit more refined in the classes it compiles.  There's
no way I can get "org/appfuse/" out of the 2nd path name is there?  I
tried src/web/**/webapp/form, but that didn't work.

> p.s. While I'm quite proud of my <antcall> consolidation for
> compiling
> several various source trees which you have used here, if you are at
> Ant 1.6 you should switch this to <macrodef> style calls and you will
> likely see a speed increase of your builds.

I'll have to look into that.  I'm a bit reluctant to force users to
upgrade, but there's really no reason to stay on an older version of Ant
is there?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message