ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Fuller" <jim.ful...@ruminate.co.uk>
Subject RE: Ant Books
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:33:30 GMT
> advice since I'm also a very critical book consumer..... read the
> reviews (at Amazon and elsewhere).  Every publisher has their
> duds, so

Just an off topic comment;

Amazon reviews can rarely be trusted much these days as editors and
their friends ramp up their own books and slag off competitors
books....its very frustrating, but in general a leading *good* book on
Amazon will have relatively more good reviews then other books...always
look at the relative rather then the absolute number of good vs bad
reviews. Also I find, just as with movies and books, that there are some
books that were tremendously useful to me, but seemingly panned by the
general public..if u can page through the book TOC or example contents
you may see content that is immediately useful to you because of the
project you are working on etc..

Perhaps all blindingly obvious.....

gl, Jim Fuller