ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Fuller" <jim.ful...@ruminate.co.uk>
Subject RE: Ant Books
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:16:59 GMT

These are both good books, but  I consider the 'Java Development with
Ant' from Manning *the* authoritative book on the subject. I would recc.
Obtaining this book as it will serve as a reference long after you have
learned the basic concepts of Ant. Additionally the authors are active
Ant committers and spend great deals of times answering questions on the
public and dev Ant lists.

There are other books, such as 'Extreme Programming with Ant' by SAMS,
which if u don't mind a bit of prescriptive methodology is also a useful
tome if you want to get a 'big' picture of Ant usage via real world use
cases, though I wouldn't consider this for a newbie...not because of
complicated Ant usage; it's more because the book tries to knit together
a lot of concepts.

gl, Jim Fuller