ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mysterious SubAnt behaviour [possible SubAnt bug?]
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:53:54 GMT
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004, Clifton C. Craig <ccc@icsaward.com> wrote:

> I'm still having trouble with this mysterious behavior with the new
> SubAnt task.

I must have missed the original mail, sorry.

> automated-build.xml:

>    <ant dir="${project.base}" antfile="main-build.xml" target="default"
>    output="${log.dir}\nightly-build.log"/>

> However, when I run automated-build.xml all of the build.xmls under
> ${project.src} run with their basedir set to ${project.base} which
> is the basedir of main-build.xml.

But the reason they do is not that it is the basedir of main-build.xml
- it is because you've use <ant>'s dir attribute.  See the table
"Basedir of the new project" in the manual for the Ant task, with dir
you fix the basedir of the build you invoke (and as a side effect of
all subbuilds of it).

Try

<ant antfile="${project.base}/main-build.xml" target="default"
     output="${log.dir}\nightly-build.log" inheritall="false"/>

instead.

Stefan