ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <apply executable> question
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:17:29 GMT
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can't tell what m4 is.

A macro language and also the name of the processor.  m4 is the
language used by autoconf or to create sendmail configuration files
for example.

> However, wouldn't this still covered by using a nested <mapper> to
> specify output files WITHOUT a <targetfile> element, in which case
> "the target filenames will not be added to the command line at all"
> (from the manual), then, in our hypothetical "output files can be
> mapped per source file" implementation, using the same <mapper> for
> target files and output files alike?

Yes so far - with the tiny exception that it won't work for timestamp
comparisons as the output will already be open then, in the current
infrastructure, that is.

> To my knowledge Ant does not contain an implementation that actually
> returns an array of > 1 elements,

<rmic> has one in the JDK 1.1 case, basically a composite of two glob
mappers.

> but would seem fairly straightforward to create a new built-in
> <mapper type="composite"> that would accept nested <mapper>
> elements.

Sounds good.

Stefan

--