ant-user mailing list archives

From "didge" <di...@foundrylogic.com>
Subject RE: Replacing but not thwhole file
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:52:55 GMT
You can't turn replacement on and off within a file, but you can try to use
token replacement for the comment character itself.  For example,

example.txt:

#begin part1
@PART1@project.key1=1
@PART1@project.key2=A
#end part1

#begin part2
@PART2@project.key3=Z
project.key3=W
#end part2

Now, you can set the tokens PART1 and PART2 separately to either "" (empty
string) or "#".  If you always want a particular key set, then don't prefix
it with a token, e.g. project.key3.  For example:

<copy file="example.txt" toFile="example2.txt">
  <filterset>
    <filter token="PART1" value=""/>
    <filter token="PART2" value="#"/>
  </filterset>
</copy>

Another alternative would be to use a smarter preprocessor, such as VPP,
http://vpp.sourceforge.net.

didge