ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vijay Prasanna" <vi...@leadingc.com>
Subject apply task
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:27:13 GMT

 I'm  trying to execute a simple DOS command thru ANT 'apply' task,
       say, C:\rename abc.txt test.txt, my ant script is

        <apply dir = "c:\" executable = "command" os = "DOS" type = "file">
                <arg line = "rename abc.txt test.txt"/>
        </apply>

        but the ant gives an error, :no filesets specified. then changed the script to

<apply dir = "c:\" executable = "command" os = "DOS" type = "file">
                <fileset file = "c:\abc.txt"/>
                <arg line = "rename abc.txt test.txt"/>
        </apply>
   ANT gives BUILD successful, but no change in abc.txt file  Also set the executable attribute
directly to 'rename', and removed the same from arg line,  but in vain.

can someone help me out.

Vijay