ant-user mailing list archives

From "Melzer, Steven" <>
Subject RE: Custom task cannot see classpath
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:54:49 GMT
here is the call to my custom task:

        <target name="migrateDevApp81" depends="pushDevApp81, pushPtiProperties81">
                <taskdef name="deployTask" classname="com.paymentech.brazil.ant.WLS81DeployTask"
                <deployTask action="deploy"
                <echo message="Done Migration!"/>

i do have the jar with the custom task in the ANT_HOME/lib directory.  i also have some other
custom tasks in the ANT_HOME/lib directory that work fine, but do not require external jars.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: Custom task cannot see classpath

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Steven Melzer <>

> i understand now that the classpath isn't "assembled" in the batch
> script, but rather by the class loader within the Launcher class
> within Ant.  however, why doesn't my custom task see that class?  is
> it using a different class loader for custom tasks?

Probably yes (if you are using a custom classpath in your <taskdef>).

> how do i get my custom task to see the weblogic jar?

What does your taskdef look like?

Why do you put weblogic.jar into ANT_HOME/lib but not the jar
containing your custom task?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:
Learn more about Paymentech's payment processing services at
THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL.  This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and
confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you may not print, distribute, or copy this message or any
attachments.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your computer.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message