ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Generating java files selectively from IDL files using <depen d> a nd <mapper> type glob
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:44:48 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
> >
> >Does <outofdate> support setting the <targets> from the sources
> >and a <mapper>? In the use case of a one-to-one mapping for example?
> >

> Yes  - outputtargetspath sets a reference to a path that contains all
> the targets
> that need to be updated and alltargetspath sets a reference to a path that
> contains all the targets.
> Note that this is not very usefull as filesets cannot contain files that
> do not exist and so <pathtofileset> in this situation will not make a
> fileset
> that contains targets that need to be created.

It doesn't really matter. The point is that you can just define the
<fileset> of your sources, for example all your Java classes you want
to <javah> (I have a selector to find these), and a simple mapper of
each equivalent generated .h files. I fear that <outofdate> probably
checks all files and targets in one lump currently, instead of checking
just one source/target tupple at a time though, as needed in my <javah>
use case. I'm sure you can come up with a solution using <for>, but I
prefer declarative solutions...

Currently, I rely on a custom task for my 'smart' <javah> use case,
but a generic solution would be nice... Although it's probably
difficult to add generically other smarts like my tasks making sure
the generated header is indeed modified to avoid too many C++ compiles
when the native method signatures were not changed.

But maybe you have an idea on how to do this generically? --DD