ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Anders...@nike.com>
Subject RE: sshexec with NETBeans
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:11:55 GMT
I have confirmed that it works.

For the <scp> task:
I simply copied the ant-jsch.jar and my jsch-0.1.12.jar from $ANT_1.6.0_HOME/lib to $ANT_1.5.4_HOME/lib.
I then changed ANT_HOME=$ANT_1.6.0_HOME to ANT_HOME=$ANT_1.5.4_HOME and added the following
to my build.xml:

<taskdef name="scp" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.Scp"/>

For the <sshexec> task:
In addition to the steps above for <scp>, and I also had to compile the org.apache.tools.ant.util.TeeOutputStream
class from 1.6.0 and install it in the 1.5.4 lib directory as a jar. I also added the following
line to my build.xml:

<taskdef name="sshexec" classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.ssh.SSHExec"/>

If we were to make a jar that users could install into 1.5.x for scp and sshexec, it would
be the current ant-jsch.jar + the class org.apache.tools.ant.util.TeeOutputStream. The user
would need to add taskdefs to their build.xml also.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 11:07 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: sshexec with NETBeans

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Rob Anderson <Rob.Anderson2@nike.com> wrote:

> You should be able to compile them and use them with 1.5.x, since
> they were developed with that version of Ant.

Rob, can you confirm that this is true for the SSH task versions that
ship with Ant 1.6.0?  If so, we could distribute the tasks as a
separate jar to make life easier for people who cannot upgrade Ant
easily.

Your initial code was written against Ant 1.5.x, but I'm not sure
whether we've introduced Ant 1.6.x dependencies with later patches.

Stefan