ant-user mailing list archives

From David Plass <DPl...@TCICREDIT.COM>
Subject RE: os.name for windows return "Windows XP"?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:37:15 GMT
You could write your own task to grab the first 'token' in the property;
I've done similar.

Thanks
--DP

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen [mailto:nospam0000@c.dk]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 9:21 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: os.name for windows return "Windows XP"?

barry@goodconsultants.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>There must be someone who is dealing with the same issue. I am trying
>to take
>multiplatform builds with different ${os.name}.properties file. Linux is
not a
>problem, Linux.properties. What about Windows? It becomes Windows
>XP.properties files.

All modern platforms that I know of, which supports Java, can accept
filenames with an embedded space, so you may be able to work with the
generated filename directly.

Is there any particular technical reason that you must have single word
filenames?

--
  Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen      "...plus...Tubular Bells!"