ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Updating Java source, JavaCC?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:53:45 GMT
JavaCC sounds way overkill (and tangential even) to what you are
attempting.  The <javacc> task does have a dependency on the JavaCC
library itself (which is not included with Ant, you must obtain it
yourself.).  Personally, I got fed up with the <javacc> task and just
use <java> to launch it.

Your job sounds most suited to a little command-line scripting magic
using Perl, sed, awk, Ruby, or something that is made for ripping
through text files.

	Erik