ant-user mailing list archives

From Cantrell David M SSgt AFRS/RSIDS <David.Cantr...@rs.af.mil>
Subject RE: Ant 1.6.0 Long Filename support
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:01:48 GMT
FYI, I ran into the "spaces in paths" problem earlier with Ant, and found
that a possible compromise for some folks on Windows 2000 and XP would be to
use SysInternals JUNCTION tool:  www.sysinternals.com

Yes, Windows now supports symbolic links. :)

===
Example:

C:\>junction c:\link c:\winnt

Junction v1.02 - Win2K junction creator and reparse point viewer
Copyright (C) 2000 Mark Russinovich
Systems Internals - http://www.sysinternals.com

Created: c:\link
Targetted at: c:\winnt

C:\>dir l*
 Volume in drive C has no label.
 Volume Serial Number is 8CB0-7FB9

 Directory of C:\

11/20/2003  09:33a      <DIR>          lib
01/12/2004  10:03a      <JUNCTION>     link
               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  14,940,004,352 bytes free
===

I've used this for instance to create a c:\mydocs link to the My Documents
directory, etc.

HTH,
-dave