ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject presetdef vs. macrodef
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:04:26 GMT
Hi,

I sort of get some of the differences between <presetdef> and <macrodef>, but
I don't understand the motivation behind <presetdef>.  Can anyone explain why <presetdef>
exists when we have <macrodef>?  It seems like they overlap, if <macrodef> doesn't
actually subsume everything that <presetdef> can do.  Not knowing how the two came into
existence, I don't understand the motivation, and am unsure why/when I should use <presetdef>.

Thank you,
Scott Stirling
Workscape

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.