ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stirling, Scott" <scott.stirl...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: ant-contrib <for> and property immutability
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 23:01:21 GMT
> From: Ciramella, EJ [mailto:ECiramella@emptoris.com]

Hey EJ,

It is nice to hear from you!  I see and read your posts on the list sometimes.

>[...] you can exclude ejbs like this:
>      <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
>       <include name="*.jar"/>
>       <not>
> 		<contains text="ejb-jar.xml"/>
>       </not>
>      </fileset>
> Doesn't answer your question, but it does allow for more
> flexibility with the naming patterns of your ejbs.

The only hesitation I have with that is that it must be evaluating the contents of the jar
files to evaluate that <not>, which must be more expensive than just including/excluding
based on file name. But if I needed the greater naming flexibility, that would be a great
way to support it.

> Why didn't you just write your own task for this Scott?

Ha, ha good question.  I stay away from writing custom tasks until things have stabilized
to the extent that it's worth the effort.  It's less and less often that I find something
I can't do with the existing tasks.  Using Ant 1.6, ant-contrib and the <script> task
has really extended what I used to be able to do with plain old Ant.

> PS - which appserver are you trying to satisfy by listing a
> classpath into the ejb jar's manifest?

In this case, both WebSphere and WebLogic.  We're keeping a pretty strict separation between
classes that should be in the web app classloader and those that should be in the EJB classloader,
as one way to enforce dependency direction for EJB-level classes (which should never know
or care about the web app classes).

Best,
Scott Stirling
Workscape, Inc.

may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and/or CONFIDENTIAL.  If you
immediately.