ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: email on build failure?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:09:58 GMT
On Jan 15, 2004, at 5:43 PM, Rhodes, Phillip C. wrote:
> I have multiple targets.  Each target has a responsible project
> manager.  If the target fails, I want to send an email to this
> specific person.  using the ant -logger mechanism appears to make it
> global for the entire build.
> Is there any way besides ant -logger
> org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger?

MailLogger can do this.... just don't set the "to" (look at the docs
for the specific name) address property until the appropriate time, at
the top of the targets - you can set that property differently in each
target.

However, if the build fails before that target is reached, MailLogger
would complain.

	Erik