ant-user mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Re: Ant error reporting?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:55:04 GMT
At 12:07 PM 1/15/2004, you wrote:
>All,
>
>I am using Junit and Junit reports for my project. Is there any ant
>code/tasks
>can do the followings?
>
>- Basic messages to indicates that the build passed or failed?

Ant does this for you already. Use the "haltonfailure" and/or
"haltonerror" options of <junit> to control your desired fail-quick
behaviour. If you want pretty html of failed tests do not abort
<junit> when anything fails, just let <junitreport> finish and
then fail based on the secondary <junit> properties
("failureproperty" and "errorproperty").

>- A link to Junit reports if there are failures?

Again, the default <junit> and <junitreport> already generate outputs.
Just look in the directory you passed to both tasks. If you setup
<junitreport> to run with failed tests, it shows you all the goods on
failed tests (stdout and stderr and ant environment included).

>- Some kind of presentation of any compilation errors?

Compilation errors? Assuming you mean javac/jikes, both these tasks
also happily die (loudly) if they fail. If you use (x)emacs, you
can use something like the JDE environment to interpret compiler
errors.

>I understand this is very open questions. Please send info in details.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Barry

The Wabbit