ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <>
Subject Re: Default XSLT Processor?
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2004 01:09:34 GMT
At 04:41 PM 1/9/2004 -0800, you wrote:
>Which XSLT processor does ANT use by default?
>(I'm using 1.5.4 with Sun JDK 1.4.1)

JDK1.4.x includes an old version of Xalan.  As such, the default parser
will be that old version of Xalan, unless you provide a newer one using the
endorsed override mechanism (put a new xalan.jar in
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed).  There is probably also a way to use a
different processor by setting a system property, but I'm not sure what
that property is???  BTW, if you use the endorsed override mechanism, I
suggest you use Xalan from the "2jars" distribution.  The other one (which
is bigger) includes an old version of BCEL which can interfere with
applications that use newer versions of BCEL.  This happened to me when
working with the "enhancer" Ant task provided by the Lido JDO
implementation from LIBeLIS.  It reported a NoSuchMethodException until I
used the Xalan jar without BCEL.  Oh, and BCEL is used in Xalan these days
for XSLTC.  But you can provide BCEL separately on the classpath if you
want to work with that.

>Do you Yahoo!?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail: