ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conelly, Luis (PS, GNF, Contractor)" <Luis.Cone...@gnf.com>
Subject RE: Ant task to run C++ compiler?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:09:30 GMT
You can use <exec> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/exec.html to invoke your C++
compiler

Also, check https://sourceforge.net/projects/antcontrib/ for more contribs on ant

Regards
-Luis

-----Original Message-----
From: James Millet [mailto:millet@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:05 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Ant task to run C++ compiler?

Hi,
My project contains both C++ code and Java code and I am curious if there
are any Ant tasks to invoke a C++ compiler?
The C++ code is all Windows system calls collecting hardware information,
so the resultant exe files will only be run in a
Windows 2000 environment.  After the C++ and Java code is compiled a JAR is
made that includes the exe and class files.
I am relatively new to Ant and have never created custom Ant tasks - would
it be possible to create an Ant task to invoke
the C++ compiler?
Jim Millet
millet@us.ibm.com