ant-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton C. Craig" <...@icsaward.com>
Subject Re: Updating Java source, JavaCC?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:48:14 GMT
Thanks Eric,

My concern here is primarily with the precision of the text replacement.
While I agree that JavaCC is overkill for what I'm doing I'm of the
thinking that parsing a Java source file is a bit more complicated than
regular expression technologies. It feels like one of those in between
areas where I'd rather err on the side of caution due to the overall
complexity. Also I'm no whiz with regular expressions. I feel they are
cryptic, complicated, and dangerous if not used correctly. This is
especially true when automating Java source editing. If there's an
in-between solution that I'm overlooking please inform me. Thank you
much for pointing me to the location of the JavaCC stuff. (I don't know
why I could find this from the Ant docs.)

Cliff