ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: Generating java files selectively from IDL files using <depen d> a nd <mapper> type glob
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:24:41 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>>From: Daniels, Doug [mailto:Doug.Daniels@GDC4S.Com]
>>
>>I wish there was a way to directly use the <uptodate> task
>>to retrieve the files that aren't uptodate.
>>

>I've long since given up on <uptodate>, and use the great
><outofdate> task from Peter, in Ant-Contrib. Was designed
>to replace Makefile rules, so maybe it has the equivalent
>to $? for only the out of dates files.

The outoutdate task can set the files that are outofdate in a <path>
reference using the "outputsourcespath" attribute.
More tasks however only accept filesets, so the path needs to be
converted to a fileset using ant-contribs pathtofileset task.
However this makes for quite messy build scripts.
An example is given in:
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/pathtofileset.html
Peter