ant-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton C. Craig" <...@icsaward.com>
Subject Updating Java source, JavaCC?
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:02:54 GMT
Hello all,

I have a requirement to update Java source files and insert a version
string in files that don't have one. We have a large source repository
so it would make most sense to automate this process. I've spent some
time investigating JavaCC to see if it could help me or if it would be
overkill for what I'm attempting. I noticed there is a javacc task in
Ant. It doesn't appear to have any external dependencies. I'm not even
sure which jar under ANT_HOME/lib it runs out of. Basically what I want
to do is create a Java source code parser that can update and insert
version string constants into Java classes (this includes inner classes
as well). If I didn't have the inner classes to bother with I would be
able to use our existing technologies which introspect binary .class
files to determine whether or not the version string is present and just
insert the string somewhere after the class declaration. Is what I'm
doing feasible or practical? Are there any better solutions available?

Cliff