ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Why did the ant.bat wrapper change in 1.6?
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:02:23 GMT
Cyril Sagan wrote:

>I'm experimenting with migration to Ant 1.6.
>
>It seems that the ant.bat wrapper has changed.  Now it only works
>if I set CLASSPATH in the invoking environment.  Can anyone help?
>
>What happened to the "add %ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar" semantics of the
>1.5.x ant.bat wrapper?

>C:\>set PATH=%ANT_HOME%\bin
>
>C:\>ant -version
>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tools.ant.Main
>	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
>	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
>	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
>	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:213)
>	at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:90)
>
>C:\>set CLASSPATH=%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar;%ANT_HOME%\ant-launcher.jar
>
>C:\>ant -version
>Apache Ant version 1.6.0 compiled on December 18 2003
>
>What's the "right" way to run Ant 1.6 from a windows client?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--Cyril Sagan

Hi Cyril,

- my advice is to run ant without having the CLASSPATH environment
variable set.
Set the ANT_HOME and the JAVA_HOME environment variables, and make sure
that %ANT_HOME%\bin and %JAVA_HOME%\bin are in the path.

- I am not sure where your problem come from; can it be that you have a
mixture of 2 different ant versions ?

- by the way, if you installed ant 1.6 over ant 1.5, make sure that the
file $ANT_HOME/lib/optional.jar which exists in ant < 1.6 gets deleted.
Its equivalent in ant 1.6 are all the ant-*.jar, except the file
ant-launcher.jar which contains the start up classes.

- make sure that the ant script which you are starting is really the one
of ant 1.6, which is hitting a Launcher class, not Main.

Cheers,

Antoine