ant-user mailing list archives

From "Clifton C. Craig" <...@icsaward.com>
Subject Javac task skips inner classes
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:18:01 GMT
I have an issue where I run <javac> over a .java file with an inner
class and the inner class is not generated. My build process involves a
lot of Java comppiles and I'm not sure exactly where things get out of
step. What I do know is occasionally when a bug slips into our source
control head rev it causes our compile task (which runs over a fileset
containing all of our source) to stop abruptly while the rest of the
build continues. (failonerror=no) I then notice that a couple of files
with inner classes are partially compiled. That is their corresponding
class files are present but their inner class .class files are not. An
attempt to run <javac> over just the .java file or files that are
incomplete does nothing and I assume it's probably because of <javac>'s
dependancy checking where it see's the corresponding .class file for the
.java and does nothing. An attempt to run <javac> over the .java after
the .class is deleted creates both the class and inner class for the
file. This is sometimes annoying as we sometimes need to test the rest
of the app while one little bug is being fixed by another developer. It
becomes a hard-ship to nail down exactly which class files were skipped
due to a minor bug. Is there a way to turn off dependancy checking for
javac and force it to compile all classes regardless of whether they
already have an existing .java file? Also could someone explain how a
.java file with an inner class can be partially compiled like this?

--
Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
Intelligent Computer Systems -  A Division of GBG

Phone:  717-295-7977 ext. 621
Fax:  717-295-7683
ccc@icsaward.com
ccraig@globalbeveragegroup.com