ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: How to port Code with Execute to SSH
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:28:12 GMT
Zsolt wrote:

> Hi,
> we have customized AbstractCvsTask to our needs but we need to support
> SSH. AbstractCvsTask uses the class
> How can I modify my code to
> support both?
> Zsolt
I think that you should not have needed to customize AbstractCvsTask to
support cvs over ssh, just set the environment variable CVS_RSH to "ssh".

This of course requires the users to have both a cvs.exe and a ssh.exe
in their path, and probably to have already run at least once an
interactive ssh to the host where the cvs server is residing, so that it
is entered in in $HOME/.ssh/known_hosts.

The ssh implementation which comes bundled with cygwin rocks, and you
can use it outside of the cygwin environment provided that the cygwin
binaries and dlls are in the path.

But maybe you are trying to run cvs across the jsch Java ssh
implementation ? I understand that this would require a customization of
the cvs tasks.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message