ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: redirect:write not writing to separate files with ant
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:50:34 GMT
David Balch wrote:

>Hi Antoine,
>
>Thanks for your suggestion. You were right in that the file is generated and
>put in the wrong place - I did a filename search of the whole disk and found
>it. However, it appears to be a problem with URL encoding of directory
>names, rather than the names themselves.
>
>My working copy is in:
>"C:\Documents and Settings\BalchD\My Documents\working-copy", but the output
>is sent to:
>"C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\BalchD\My%20Documents\working-copy".
>
>I might just move my working copy for a workaround, but in the interests of
>bug-fixing, is this likely to be Ant, Xalan or WinXP?
>
>Cheers,
>Dave.

Hi David,

I  think this is a Xalan problem.
Pay attention, if you are using JDK 1.4, you might well be using the
xalan version which is delivered as part of the runtime of the jdk and
which is old.
If you want to test agains a recent version of xalan, you probably want
to put your xalan.jar under $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed/xalan.jar

Come back to the list in any case to confirm whether xalan or ant is the
bugger. Then have a look in bugzilla [1] to see whether the bug has been
reported.
Enter a bug report if this is a new problem, otherwise add comments and
your email as CC if you like.

Cheers,
Antoine

[1] http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla