ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Problem with command arguments
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:48:09 GMT
michelle zaremskas wrote:

>I have an Ant task that I am writing which is invoking a Windows Command Line program.
An example of the string I am attempting to contruct is:

>pcli Put -prd:\pvcs\vm\sampledb aC:\test -o -m "My Description"  -v"My Version label"
bp/chess/server /chess/server/server.bat /chess/server/shutdown.txt

>The problem is I am having is that the command line executable will not allow a "space"
after the -m parameter and it requires double quotes around the value I am passing.  When
I attempt to construct the Command Argument using the ANT API it will either place a space
after the '-m' parameter or it will place double quotes around the string like so:  "-mMy
Description".

>Can someone provide me some guidance on how I can correctly construct this string using
the Ant API for my ANT task.

Hi Michelle,

you should construct one command line argument object per word in your
command line.

so -m is one argument
My Description is one argument,

You probably want to call CommandLine.Argument ExecTask#createArg() for
each argument.

For instance

ExecTask myExecTask() = new ExecTask();

myExecTask.setExecutable("pcli");

CommandLine.Argument arg1 =  myExecTask.createArg();
arg1.setValue("-m");

CommandLine.Argument arg2 =  myExecTask.createArg();
arg2.setValue("My Description");

Antoine