ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Re: Build ANT 1.7alpha fails
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:27:23 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:

> I normally do rm -rf bootstrap before ./build.sh test,
> and sometimes rm -rf build.

Stefan, Jan, Peter, thanks for your help.

It's interesting that this meta-uptodate issue is there in the build beyond mere
"up-to-date" checks of files vs binaries as we progress from Ant version to Ant version.

Maybe there should be a "version-required" file that is scanned and bootstrap is rebuilt if
ant.jar doesn't conform? Would be one step in taking the user's experience in following HEAD
out from the realm of "folklore" and into "documented process".

--
Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but