ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Invoking ant from a cgi script
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:37:39 GMT
Keshav Sarin wrote:

>I am running Tomcat as root. The file has write permission to all. Is
>there any other persmission to look at?

>Permission was the first thing that came to my mind.  Find out what
>user is
>running the Tomcat process.  And then look at the file(s) you are
>attempting
>to chmod.
>
>Don Kichline

I think the chmod task runs under UNIX - seems to be your case since you
say tomcat is running as root.
the task is invoking the chmod program. is chmod in the PATH in the
context of your tomcat ?
try to run ant in verbose mode to find out more about what is happening,
and have a look at the logs.

Antoine