ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.0 Long Filename support
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:55:50 GMT
Graham Reeds wrote:

>W2K, Ant 1.6.0
>
>I recently upgraded the version of Tomcat and so I also changed my install
>directory from the root to Program Files.  I also took the liberty of
>upgrading Ant from 1.5.x to 1.6.
>
>I have 'tool' that I run from TextPad that calls Ant.bat.  However I get the
>following message:
>
>Files\Apache was unexpected at this time.
>
>Tool completed with exit code 255
>
>Does this mean that I can't use Ant with my Tomcat setup (which resides in
>C:\Program Files\Apache Group\apache-ant-1.6.0
>
>I have double checked my ANT_HOME and paths but everything checks out.
>Tomcat runs fine and servlets compile ok, so shouldn't Ant be able to work
>with long filenames too?
>
>--
>
>Graham Reeds,
>grahamr@ntlworld.com

Hi Graham,

your issue seems more connected to spaces in paths that to long file names.

Can you tell us :
- what is "tool" (a .bat file ?) that you run from TexPad,
- what is the value of ANT_HOME in your system,
- what is the value of JAVA_HOME
- is CLASSPATH set as an environment variable before you start ant; if
it is set, can you try running ant without CLASSPATH,
- can you start ant from the command prompt (directly without TextPad
and your "tool"),

Cheers,

Antoine