ant-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Zapata" <dzap...@bea.com>
Subject exec task and linux
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:29:30 GMT
We recently ported our product to linux and are finding a very serious
problem with the <exec/> task behavior as opposed to windows and
solaris.

The linux <exec/> task sometimes blocks unless we redirect the stdout
and stderr to a file or /dev/nul.  We use the exec task in many places
and we are not crazy about the idea of modifying everywhere that we call
exec to do this redirect.  The same build code works on windows and
solaris without this random hanging problem.  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?

Any ideas/fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny