ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: presetdef vs. macrodef
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:27:59 GMT
I have played with, and like, both... <presetdef> is,
IMO, simpler to use but more limited... one use of
<presetdef> I think is interesting:  I have an antlib
that consists of several <presetdef>s of the <apply>
task with a particular executable and certain <arg>
elements set for each.  So in this case I got six
custom tasks for < 10 lines of XML each, with nested
filesets and up-to-date checking using nested
mappers...

Another interesting thing is that once you have
aliased a task using either <macrodef> or <presetdef>
it doesn't matter which it was, if they look
similar... see
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewAntFeaturesInDetail/PresetDef
for a simple example of what I'm talking about.

-Matt