ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: How grab output to "System.out"?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:55:22 GMT
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:19 am, Robert Paris wrote:
> What I'm doing is instantiating Project, and then configuring it with
> ProjectHelper. Then I call project.executeTask(...). The problem is that
> Ant is grabbing the output somewhere, and I want to be able to grab it
> instead. It's not a question of grabbing System.out as that's too late (ant
> already added "[task_name]" to the output by that point. I want the clean
> output that ant gets from the programs it runs.

If that is all you are interested in doing, you should just write your own
logger or listener. The adornment [exec] is added by the default logger and
is not part of the central ant "core" which handles message logging, etc.

If you are instantiating Project yourself, it is unlikely that Ant could have
added the [taskname] adornment unless you are also using the DefaultLogger.

Conor