ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <apply executable> question
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:59:33 GMT
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Matt Benson
> <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Not that hard to code
>
> Try it ;-)

Actually, since last evening my mind has been boiling
over with ideas... upshot:  I intend to.  :)

> One of the biggest problems is that Ant opens the
> output file before
> you have a chance to perform timestamp checks - so
> the output files
> cannot easily be used as <apply> targets IIRC.

We are talking about <apply> here.  The option already
exists to specify target files with a nested <mapper>.
 We don't currently do dependency checking on
Redirect(or)ed files; these are basically log files so
I don't feel they should be subject to dependency
checking.  If this is needed instead of the normal
behavior there are always custom things that can be
done using <uptodate>, etc.  Or maybe I'm a raving
psychopath, one or the other.

> Stefan

-Matt