ant-user mailing list archives

From michelle zaremskas <jav...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with command arguments
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 20:11:46 GMT
I have an Ant task that I am writing which is invoking a Windows Command Line program. An example
of the string I am attempting to contruct is:

pcli Put -prd:\pvcs\vm\sampledb aC:\test -o -m "My Description"  -v"My Version label" bp/chess/server
/chess/server/server.bat /chess/server/shutdown.txt

The problem is I am having is that the command line executable will not allow a "space" after
the -m parameter and it requires double quotes around the value I am passing.  When I attempt
to construct the Command Argument using the ANT API it will either place a space after the
'-m' parameter or it will place double quotes around the string like so:  "-mMy Description".

Can someone provide me some guidance on how I can correctly construct this string using the
Ant API for my ANT task.