ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: combining fileset's
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:12:09 GMT
> I never disputed your approach Matt, I just wrote I
> didn't
> see how selectors helped in this case.

Okay, I took that the wrong way.  :)

> I don't see how this particular example is any
> different than
> using patternsets Matt! True, selectors can be

The manual describes the <filename> selector as
"Equivalent to the include and exclude elements of a
patternset."  So patternset, as you say, should work
fine here.  By the time I ever had to do this kind of
stuff, though, selectors were already available, so in
all honesty I've never explicitly used a patternset.

I guess the decision of whether to use a patternset or
a selector can be made by how much complexity you
ultimately need in selecting your files.  If it will
always be name-based, patternsets should be
sufficient; however if you need to combine patterns
with other criteria then selectors should serve best.

-Matt